- A deposit of the greatest of twenty-five percent (25%) of the estimated price, or two hundred fifty ($250.00) for each bus ordered shall be required at the time of original order.
- Final payment for charter service is due and payable at least 14 days in advance of the charter date.
- When making payment, please indicate on your check or other mode in payment, the date of your trip and your Confirmation number to insure proper credit.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All prices quoted in the confirmation are subject to change under the circumstances described in this Section 2, but shall not be increased, in the aggregate, by more than twenty percent(20%).
- If the price of diesel fuel increases by more than ten percent (10%) between the date of the confirmation and the date of the charter, the Company may increase the prices quoted in the confirmation by an amount equal to the product of (i) the per gallon increase in diesel fuel over ten percent (10%), and (ii) the estimated number of gallons to be used in the charter.
- If there is a change in the federal, state or local laws or regulations between the date of the confirmation and the date of the charter that (i) require material modifications be made to the vehicle chartered under the confirmation prior to the date of the charter, or (ii) cause the Company to incur material additional or increased expenses in providing the charter services, the Company may increase the prices quoted in the confirmation.
The Chartering Party must notify Shafer Tour & Charter of cancellations. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee, 15 days or less 50% Fee, 7 Days or less 100% of charter price.
When, at the request of the Chartering Party, any change in service resulting in an increase in miles or hours beyond that specified in the itinerary of this Confirmation, an additional charge shall be made for such additional service. Any change resulting in a reduction of charges will be subtracted from the estimated cost and will be refunded to the Charter Party after completion of trip. Tolls, highway fees, Parking Chg, Hotel Rooms etc. will be separate and additional elements in the determination of any additional charges. The Company will notify the Chartering Party of any additional charges that may be incurred at the time of the service order revision.
EXTENDED DAY/MULTI-DAY TRIPS
A detailed itinerary is required for extended day trips at least two (2) weeks prior to departure and the final itinerary must be received at least one week prior to departure. Itineraries are subject to review by a safety officer of the Company. Prices are subject to change based on the final itinerary.
Federal Department of Transportation safety regulations prohibit drivers to be on duty more than fifteen (15) hours per day, ten (10) of which are for driving (including a 15 minute pre- and post-trip vehicle inspection). The driver must be given eight (8) consecutive hours off before he/she may resume his/her duties.
DAMAGES TO BUSES
The cost of repairing damage to buses resulting from acts of members of the Chartering Party shall be charged to the Chartering Party and is payable as soon as such cost is determined.
The time of arrival at starting point, stop-over point, destination, or return to point of origin cannot be guaranteed. Operators are carefully selected and have instruction to drive at all times at a speed within the limits
Equipment furnished by the Company is thoroughly inspected before being assigned to the charter service to insure uninterrupted service. If for some reason beyond the control of the Company, a mechanical failure makes necessary the replacement of a bus originally assigned to the charter service, the replacement bus may be of a different type. DVD equipment is installed on all of our vehicles. Shafer Tour & Charter reserves the right to substitute comparable equipment leased from other carriers. Request for DVD equipped vehicles will be honored to the best of our ability, but is not guaranteed. Only non-copyrighted videocassettes are permitted to be shown. (See U.S. Code Title 17, Sections 101 and 106). THE COMPANY, DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE SHOWING OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS.
The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any personal property. Baggage and all other personal property will be handled only at passengers’ own risk. Passenger’s baggage shall be carried subject to the available accommodations (as determined solely by the Company) provided by Interior and/or exterior racks.
The Company reserves the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or who are, or are likely to become, objectionable to other persons.
CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS
Passengers shall not interfere with the operator in the discharge of his/her duty or tamper with any apparatus or appliance on the bus.
FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES AND FIREWORKS
Possession of firearms, explosives and fireworks (whether in baggage or on the person) are strictly forbidden on the vehicle.
A past due account may be referred to a third party for collection. The purchaser agrees to be responsible for all collection costs and attorney’s fees. Past due accounts are subject up to 2% per month finance charges. There is a minimum $35.00 charge for returned checks.
When the nature of the charter trip is such that a greater than normal amount of time and material will be necessary to clean bus properly upon its return to garage, the Company, at its option, may require additional cost to cover such additional time and materials.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER SHAFER TOUR & CHARTER NOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WEREFORESEEABLE OR EITHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The following items are prohibited without the written consent of the Company:
- Alcoholic Beverages (a Min. $500.00 deposit (per bus) will be required if alcoholic beverages are allowed by the Company. The deposit maybe refunded if the bus is returned undamaged and with no excessive cleaning. No tap beer will be allowed on any bus. A chaperone/responsible person (21 years of age or older) will be asked to sign a “Rules & Statement of Responsibility” form.)
- Glass containers
- Fuel containers and generators.
Terms and Conditionsshaferbus2023-03-08T10:35:28+00:00